If you purchase the insurance arranged by us on your behalf for loss of or damage to your effects the insurance conditions set out below will apply. Please note that irrespective of whether or not you purchase this insurance our liability for loss of or damage to your effects is limited by our trading conditions which form part of our contract with you.
SUBJECT TO YOU GIVING US INSTRUCTIONS TO INSURE, we can arrange on your behalf insurance to cover physical loss or damage to your property within our “Open Cover” insurance arrangements as summarised below. You may inspect the policy at our office on request
100% Certain Underwriters @ Lloyds & Others
TOTAL SUM INSURED
As declared to us on the acceptance form. Unless confirmed in writing by us prior to the move the sum insured shall not exceed:
All Risks of physical loss or damage in transit or store anywhere in the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, The Channel Islands, The Isle of Man, member States of the European Union, Scandinavia & Switzerland.
,Owner Packed Goods – As above but excluding
Breakage, scratching, denting, chipping, staining and tearing of owner packed effects unless directly caused by fire, stranding, sinking or collision of the vessel or collision or overturn of transporting land conveyance. Also excluding claims for missing items of owner packed cartons or packages unless an itemised valued list of contents of each carton or package is supplied by the owner prior to commencement of transit.
Cover in respect of Self Storage is limited to the following perils:
Actual physical loss of or damage to your property caused by Fire, Lightning, Explosion, Earthquake, Storm, Flood, Escape of Water or other Liquid Substance, Moth, Insect or vermin from an external cause, Theft Accompanied by Forcible and Violent Entry or Exit, Riot, Strike, Civil Commotion, Malicious Damage, Impact vehicles of any kind
It is a condition of the insurance that the sum insured represents the full total value of your effects. If you fail to declare the full replacement value of your effects, in the event of a claim you will only be entitled to recover from Insurers the proportion of the loss as the declared value bears to the total replacement value of your property.
BASIS OF CLAIMS SETTLEMENT
The settlement of any claim shall be by replacement, repair and/or compensation, taking into consideration at underwriters option the age, quality, degree of use and consequent market value. This policy is not “new for old”.
Where any claim includes loss of or damage to documents, the basis of settlement shall relate to the reasonable costs of reprinting and/or reasonable costs of reissue and/or reconstitution including, where applicable, fresh research or exploration to obtain essential information.
Insurers will not pay the first £50 of each customer’s claim.
PAIRS & SETS CLAUSE
Where any items are part of a pair or set Insurers shall only pay for the actual items which are lost or damaged. No payment will be made by Insurers for any items which are part of a pair or of a set and which are not lost or damaged.
It is your responsibility to take reasonable care not to make misrepresentations to insurers. This requirement includes (but is not limited to) a requirement to disclose to us if you are unable to comply with any term of this document and/or any term in our trading conditions. This insurance may be voidable in the event of your deliberate or reckless or careless misrepresentation that, without the misrepresentation, the insurer would not have entered into the contract at all or would have done so only with different terms.
TIME LIMIT FOR CLAIMS NOTIFICATION
All claims must be notified to the remover whether unpacked or not within 7 days of delivery of the property or in the case of non-delivery 7 days from when the property would normally be delivered unless a time extension is requested by you and agreed by us in writing.
If your goods become lost or damaged and you wish to make an insurance claim please notify us in writing.
If you feel we have not offered you a first class service please write and tell us and we will do our best to resolve the problem.
You may alternatively, if preferred, contact the Insurance Administrator: Reason Global Insurance. 4th Floor, Lyndean House, 43-46 Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XB.
In the event you wish to pursue matters further you may be able to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The Financial Ombudsman Service can normally deal with complaints from private individuals and from small businesses with an annual turnover of less than £1 million (for a group of companies, this means a group annual turnover of less than £1 million). The Financial Ombudsman Service can also help with complaints from charities with an annual income of less than £1 million; and from trusts with a net asset value of less than £1 million. The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London E14 9SR Helpline: 0800 023 4567 Switchboard: 020 7964 1000 Website: www.financialombudsman.org.uk
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
Insurers are covered by the Financial Services Authority’ Compensation Scheme (FSCS). You may be entitled to compensation from the Scheme if they are unable to meet their obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. Further information about compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme, 10th Floor Beaufort House, 15 St Botolph Street, London, EC3A 7QU United Kingdom
Tel: 020 7892 7300
Fax: 020 7892 7301
No cover is provided for the following:
(1) Jewellery, Watches, Precious Stones, Money, Coins, Bullion, Deeds, Bonds, Securities and Stamps of all kinds except whilst in store in a locked safe or strong room.
(2) Furs, perfumery, tobacco, cigars, cigarettes, wines, mobile phones and spirits. It is agreed, however, that cover will be provided for these items where they are part of a household or office removal or storage contract subject to a limit of £10,000 any one customer, any one job.
(3) Livestock, Explosives, Flammables
(4) Loss or damage caused by wear, tear, gradual deterioration (including the deterioration of contents of deep freeze units), inherent vice or latent defect.
(5) Loss or damage caused by moth, insect or vermin unless from an external cause.
(6) Loss or damage caused by leakage of liquid from a receptacle or container unless packed by the Remover.
(7) Mechanical or electrical damage or derangement of any mechanical or electrical goods unless reasonably attributable to physical damage to such items from an external cause, or following fire, flood, collision or overturning of road vehicles or other conveyances.
(8) Loss of data records other than cost of blank data carrying materials.
(9) Any consequence of War, Invasion, Act of Foreign Enemy Hostilities (whether War be declared or not), Civil War, Rebellion, Revolution, Insurrection or Military or Usurped Power or confiscation or nationalisation or requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority. This exclusion shall not apply to overseas removals whilst the Customers’ property is waterborne.
(10) Loss or damage in respect of goods in storage caused by or resulting from Acts of Terrorism or any person(s) acting from a political motive. This exclusion shall not apply to storage in the ordinary course of transit as more fully set out in the Termination of Transit Clause (Terrorism).
(11) Ensuing or indirect losses resulting from or as a consequence of claims made for loss or damage arising from an Insured Peril
(12) Loss or damage or liability or expense directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to, by, or arising from:-
(13) Loss or damage or expense directly, or indirectly, caused by or contributed to, by or arising from:-
(14) Loss, destruction or damage directly occasioned by pressure waves caused by aircraft and other aerial devices travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds.
(15) If at the time of loss there is other insurance in force this insurance shall only respond to the extent that losses are not recoverable under the other insurance.